What to do in the event of a spill or a leak
Information including preventive measures to take before a leak is suspected or confirmed, warning signals of a leaking UST system, what to do when a UST system release is suspected and actions to take for a confirmed release.
Corrective Action Contractor (CAC) Program
Information including a list of approved corrective action contractors and an application for approved corrective action contractor status.
Required Laboratory Methods
Any UST system release assessments require environmental sampling of soil and/or ground water. These assessments may occur during such procedures as closing petroleum USTs, environmental assessments and at intervals during corrective action. Proper laboratory analysis of samples is critical to decision-making. This is to identify the analytical method that laboratories should use when processing samples for the TN UST program.
Risk-Based Decision Making (Revised 12/1/2005)
Effective December 1, 2004, the Division implemented a new Risk Based Corrective Action (RBCA) Process. The TN-RBCA Process is a revision of previous processes and provides several advantages.
Technical Guidance Documents
Summary of Report Requirements, Application and Report Forms
- Environmental Assessment Guidlines (Note corrected benzene number for indoor inhalation for commercial worker Reference 3 effective April 1, 2007)
- Site Check Report Guidelines
- Initial Abatement Report Guidelines - Rescinded
- Initial Site Characterization Guidelines - Parts A and B
- Initial Response and Hazard Management Report Guidelines - Part A
- Initial Site Characterization Report Guidelines
- Environmental Assessment Report Guidelines
- Corrective Action Plan Guidelines
- Cost Proposal, Phase I, CAP Implementation
- Cost Proposal, Phase II, CAP Implementation
- Corrective Action System Field Log
- Hazard Notification Report Form
- Fund Eligibility Application & Instructions