Environmental Assistance Focus
Contact Environmental Assistance
Lori Munkeboe, Director
8th Floor L&C Annex
401 Church St. 37243-1533
For programs on this page call:
1-800 734-3619 or (615) 532-0445
For all other environmental questions, call:
E-mail your questions/comments to the Office of Environmental Assistance
Here you will find publications such as brochures, manuals, and reports that have been produced by the Office of Environmental Assistance. You can also find information or links to specific topics of interest.
Small Business Environmental Assistance Program Publications - The Federal 1990 Clean Air Act Amendments required states to establish a Small Business Environmental Assistance Program (SBEAP) to provide technical, administrative, and regulatory support for small businesses. Follow this link to the SBEAP main page.
- SBEAP Brochure - An overview of what the SBEAP is as well as how to contact us.
- "Clean Air Act Compliance for Vapor Degreasers" Regulatory Strategies for Manufacturers Affected by the Clean Air Act Amendment's NESHAP for Halogenated Solvent Cleaners.
- "Clean Air Compliance for Wood Furniture Manufacturers"
- Drycleaners: Did you know? - An overview of Tennessee Regulatory Requirements for Dry Cleaners
- "Flammable Liquid Users Manual" Regulatory Compliance for Tennessee's Flammable Liquid Users (FLUs).
- "How to Choose an Environmental Consultant"
- Landscaping, Gardening, and Pest control Storm water BMP brochure
- New Federal regulations for Perc Drycleaners - a brochure to help explain the new regulations affecting perc drycleaners.
- New Tennessee Stage I Vapor Recovery fact Sheet - A fact sheet on the new Stage I Vapor Recovery regulations and where to find help.
- "Storm Water Best Management Practices Automotive Maintenance & Car Care"
- TN Dry Cleaner's Multimedia Compliance Calendar - For environmental reporting and record-keeping.
- Who Can Help Small Business? - A list of agencies and types of assistance.
Tennessee Pollution Prevention Partnership - The TN Pollution Prevention Partnership (TP3) is a network of individuals, groups, school, and businesses of all categories. To learn more about the TP3, visit their main page.
- Tennessee Pollution Prevention Partnership - Brochure
- Green Schools Program - Brochure
- Green Office Guide - Number Two
- Green Office Guide - Number One
- Think Green - Brochure
- Environmental Movement - Brochure
- Green Shopping for Tennessee
The Tennessee Conservationist magazine - a bi-monthly publication created by the State of Tennessee. Contains articles of historical, environmental, or current interest.
Publications Available in Hardcopy Only
What Tennessee Do-It-Yourselfers Should Know about Disposing of Used Motor Oil
To get a copy of this publication, please contact:
Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
8th Floor, L&C Tower
401 Church Street
Nashville, TN 37243-1533
Phone: (615) 532-0445
Environmental information and links - Here you can find even more information on environmental topics as well as links to places either within or outside TDEC that contain useful information either in general or on a specific topic.
EPA Environmental Stewardship page (exit TDEC) A new webstie providing tools and information for pollution prevention and sustainability.
Green Building Resources page: This is an assortment of links and information about green building resources, contractors, architects, and more. This list is provided for information purposes and does not constitute an endorsement of any particular company.
OEA Energy Conservation page - contains some Power Point presentations, articles, and links
U.S. EPA's Energy Star (exit TDEC)
Home Energy Saver (exit TDEC)
Geothermal Heat Pump Consortium (exit TDEC)
H2ouse Water Saver home (exit TDEC)
For comments and questions regarding the P2Alert, please contact Lori Munkeboe at 615-532-0705 or by email at [email protected].
For more information about Tennessee's Small Business Environmental Assistance Program, please contact the program at 1-800-734-3619 or by email at [email protected].
For more information about Tennessee's Pollution Prevention Programs, please call 1-800-734-3619 or by email at Pollution.Prevention @cleanairtn.org.
For requests to be added to the Environmental information and links section, please contact Donovan Grimwood by email at [email protected].